Gaming or graphics processing on a thin/light notebook? Even when equipped with a beautiful display and a high-performance CPU, you probably wouldn’t have thought of loading games onto one (unless you like playing at low frame rates, resolutions, and detail settings). With the development of Thunderbolt 3 connected external GPUs, such as Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Box, desktop boxes that support a range of desktop GPU cards that can boost your computer’s graphics performance are now available, making UltrabookTM gaming and video editing a reality. But, they are, at best, transportable. What if you could instantly boost your computer’s graphics performance anytime and anywhere you need it, without being anchored to a desk? Here’s an idea-Pack a Puck! Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Puck is an extremely-portable, high-performance, all-in-one external GPU for Thunderbolt 3 computers that provides accelerated graphics and multi-display connectivity. With a Puck connected to your computer, you can dramatically accelerate popular graphics-intensive games and pro applications anywhere.
- Connects a High Performance External GPU (built in) to Your Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports-Connects an AMD Radeon 560 GPU to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports, to substantially uplift graphics performance
- Small and Highly Portable-Measuring a compact 6 inches wide by 5.1 inches deep by 2 inches tall, the Puck has a minimal footprint on the desktop, fits easily into a computer bag or backpack
- Provides 45W of Power Delivery-The Puck powers and charges your computer while connected, even when not in use, allowing you to leave your computer’s power brick behind
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface With one Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port-Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the GPU; Video Memory: 4GB GDDR5
- Multi-Display Graphics Dock for Ultrabooks-With its three DisplayPort ports and one HDMI port, the Puck can support up to four 4K displays